Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Benson!!!!

Yesterday we celebrated Benson's third birthday! I cannot believe that he is three. Time flies by so fast. I love this little boy so much.


His birthday started off with a cinnamon roll, egg, chocolate milk breakfast. This was followed by a day of playing whatever he wanted. Then Doug took off work a little early and we went to Benson's favorite restaurant for dinner....Wendy's. Then it was home to eat his special Kung Fu Panda cake that he has been asking for, for an entire year, and open presents. Thanks everyone who gave him presents or called, he loved all of it!

A funny side note: We bought Benson a bike for his birthday and hid it under a blanket in our closet. Just before we went to dinner he went in there to talk to Doug and looked under the blanket! He started yelling, "Dad, Dad, there is a bike in the closet! So needless to say he got to cruise around on the bike for a little while before we went to Wendy's!

Here are some pictures:

Our friends bought him a lightning McQueen helemt to go with his bike and he did not want to take it off!

This is him cruising on the new ride!

Do you think he is a little excited about the cake??

Okay so it is not my best, but he LOVED it! It looks like Kung Fu Panda right?

This was one of the activities for the day....playing in a box with your brother and sister while you are dressed as Superman! What could be better?

11 comments:

Kim Felt said...

oh my heck! He is soooo cute. I wish I was there. And you need to go into business doing cakes! That was awesome.

Katy Beth said...

What a sweetie!! I'm so glad he enjoyed his birthday. I love the face in that one pic, he looks absolutley thrilled with the cake!

Jeff and Cecilee said...

O.K. your cake was awesome!!! Sounds like a fun day! I can't believe he is 3 either! Time flies so fast!! Love you and miss you!

~adelle said...

My little Natalie is sitting on my lap while I am reading this. When she saw that cool cake she said, "HA! Cake!" and got all excited and then tried to blow out the candles (that are not yet placed.) So, it is a way cool cake even when it is just a photo half way across the USA. Fun birthday and DARLING kiddos!

Natalie said...

So cute-and that cake looks awesome! You are seriously so talented. We got our Benson the exact same bike for his 3rd birthday!! So fun!

Emily Harkness said...

Wow, is he really 3? The cake looks so good! It for sure looks just like Kung Fu Panda. Way to go! All your kids are darling. This post makes me excited for Bennett's birthday on Thursday! Maybe it will be time to post something a little more cheery on my blog :)

Beveridge Blab said...

Wow, Benson is 3!? I can't believe that! I hope that he had a good birthday. How are you doing? Is the pregnancy going good? We miss you guys too!

Alice said...

Happy Birthday Benson, what a cutie.

Georgi Family said...

I miss him so much! Did you get my card?? And I agree with kim....you need to go into a cake decorating buisness! You rock!

Sharstin said...

I know I posted on Facebook--but he is just too cute, and I love that cake! great job and Happy Birthday BEnson!

Kara said...

Sounds like such a fun birthday for the little guy! Good job on the cake too:) Your kids are darling!