Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Adilynn Diane Rose

We are so happy to announce the birth of Rose baby number 4! She was born February 15th 2010 at 1:06 pm. She weighed 6 lbs 10 oz and was 20 inches long. She is absolutely perfect and looks just like Brielle except for the fact that she has dark hair!

The whole experience was amazing. Here is the story.... I started having contractions on Saturday morning. They were coming every 5 minutes and I was already dilated to a 3 so we felt like we better head to the hospital. When we got up there I was still a 3 and the contractions kept coming. I was at the hospital for about three hours, and nothing was happening, so I just decided to go home. All day Saturday the contractions were pretty regular and it kept going this was on into Sunday. I had to speak in Sacrament meeting on Sunday and I am convinced that Doug said a prayer to keep me out of labor just so I had to give the talk. By Sunday night the contractions were starting to hurt worse, but they were still only about 5-7 minutes apart. (I really didn't want a Valentines Day baby anyway.)

Monday morning I woke up and started my regular laundry routine and cleaning the kitchen. I was talking to my mom on the phone and the contractions were getting to the point that I couldn't talk. I called the doctors office and told them I thought I was in labor and they told me to head on up to the hospital. Around 11:30 I called Doug and told him to meet me at the hospital, and called my neighbor to drive me up there. By this time I thought I was going to die!!! I was hurting sooo bad and the contractions were about 2 minutes apart! My biggest fear was that I would get to the hospital and I would still be a 3...but I was pleasantly surprised. I went into the triage and they said I was at a 7!!! They hurried me over to labor and Delivery and got me hooked up to everything. The nurses kept asking if I wanted an epidural, but I really wanted to go "all natural", so they called the doctor to come in. My Dr. arrived and went to go break my water and he discovered that I was a 9 going on 10!! This was it!! I only had to push three times and Adilynn was born safe and sound! I really was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. I am really grateful that it all turned out the way I wanted it to. Don't get me wrong it was rough, but so worth it! So far everything is going good. My recovery this time has been the best by far. I feel so blessed. It is an amazing feeling to have our little Rose family complete, and I couldn't be happier. Here are some of the pictures!

This is right after she was born

The sweet little girl!
Just the Rose girls!


The whole entire family!


Benson and Adilynn

Parker and Adilynn
Benson and Adilynn

The two sisters! The resemblance is uncanny!

20 comments:

One Happy Family said...

Way to go all natural! Congratulations! Glad everything is going well, may it continue to go great! Best wishes!

the Rabes said...

YEA!! Congrats! I am so happy to hear she is here and doing well. She is just perfect..nothing is sweeter than a newborn. Way to go all natural friend,You are my hero! I am glad you are feeling well. I will have to make a trip to Knoxville so I can squeeze that sweet baby!

Crystal Taylor said...

Congrats! Wow, she is beautiful. I love the name.
Natural birth is an amazing experience. Hard to explain to someone who has never done it. Kudos to you:) It is not easy.
Love ya,
Crystal

aLeXis said...

Linds, this post brought tears to my eyes. Nothing like a new sweet baby...and your family is absolutely darling. I am so happy for you guys. And so glad everything went so smoothly. You couldn't look more proud and happy in all those pics. All my love! CONGRATS again!

Unknown said...

i am so glad that you sent me the link. I couldn't remember your blog name and I didn't want to call you again.

Congrats again.

love the photos.

and I love it that you got the experience you wanted for the final round.


she is a little brielle with dark hair.

Kara said...

I am so happy for you! I am so glad that everything went perfect! Way to go on going natural my sister's do it that way and love it:) She is beautiful and your family is darling. I hope everything is going well for you guys! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Nadelie said...

I told you they come fast on Feb. 15th. Adriana was happy to hear that she had a birthday buddy. I am happy that you were able to go "au natural" Wasn't it great!?!? Glad to hear that your half a dozen Roses is complete.

Emily Harkness said...

OOHHH! Congratulations!!! She's beautiful. I am glad things went so well! I can't believe you still spoke in church on Sunday! You should have tried a little harder for that Valentine's baby if only to get out of it! (I love my little Valentine baby--it actually makes for fun parties :) Your family is just darling. Good for you guys!!!

Kim Felt said...

Good Job Linds! She is sooo cute. I cant believe you actually did it with no drugs! You are definetly tougher than I am. :) Hope you and adilynn are doing good. We miss you!!!

... said...

first of all WOW to going all natural! props to you linds! and second, i can't believe you gave a talk while you were having contractions. giving a talk is already painful enough :)

she's absolutely beautiful! glad all is well. love you all and miss you all too! can't wait to meet her!

Sharstin said...

Linds! she is so perfect! I am so glad I got to talk to you~ She really does look Brielle! You are an amazing mother--and little Adilynn is so lucky to be born into your awesome family~ love you!!

Natalie said...

Congrats Linds!! She is beautiful! And I couldn't agree with your more about the all natural thing. I had Claire that way...in fact, Adilynn's birth story is almost identical to Claire's...and I wouldn't have changed it for anything!! Congrats. Your family is darling!!

Natalie said...

Congrats Linds! I am so so happy for you! She is adorable!

Eichmeiers said...

Yay congrats, she is so beautiful! Your family is so dang cute:)

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

Yay!! I am so excited you had such a beautiful and perfect little girl...with brown hair!! I know you imagined her that way, so did I! (sorry Brielle) I can't wait to meet her one day.

I am also excited you were able to go natural and have the experience you wanted for this last round. :) We'll talk soon!!!

~adelle said...

Whooo hooo! Way to go Linds. What a darling little girl. Loved the birth story. I love how each birth experience is so unique and special. There is something fascinating about a natural childbirth. It's nice when you can labor so much at home and not just laying in a hospital bed. It works faster. (in my opinion!) Hope you continue to recover well.

Give her some kisses for me. I am dying to snuggle. :)

The Nance Family said...

Congratulations, such a cute name! I can't believe you have four kids, your amazing.

mike and elise said...

Beautiful name and beautiful baby! Congratulations!

Critt & Britt said...

Lindsey she is just perfect! I am proud of you girl. It trips me out to think of you being done having babies. We are so grown up. PS: I love the haircut!!!

The Steel's said...

She is so beautiful Linds, what a doll! Congrats friend! You are one tough lady!