Friday, March 11, 2011

Life is good

I am 29 today!  I guess I have finally reached the age that I will stay forever.  (Don't women always say when asked there age that they are 29?) It has been a wonderful day.  Most of you who know me know that I love birthdays!  I think it is fabulous that you get to celebrate one day a year just because you were born!  How great is that!  You get to celebrate the fact that you are you, and people are so nice to make you feel important.  I have to say that this birthday has been one of the greatest.  Thanks to wonderful family and friends, and facebook, I truly feel loved. 

The day started with a wake up call from Doug, he is so sweet and he wrote me an awesome email that made me cry.  Then some of my dear friends took me to lunch today (some couldn't make it and I missed them) and they surprised me with an awesome gift!  I went to lunch without any kids because one of my friends sweet husbands didn't have work today, and he volunteered to watch my kids for me! (Thanks Taylor).  That was  a treat by itself.  Lunch was so fun just to be with the girls, thanks for all the sacrifices made to get there to celebrate.  Then I came home and since have received a few more gifts, and phone calls, and even had a dear friend bring us pizza and cake so I didn't have to cook tonight while the hubby is gone!

I feel so grateful that I have so many wonderful friends and family in my life.  Life really is good.  I have been reading a lot lately about the compassion of our Savior Jesus Christ, and I feel that one of the greatest ways he shows compassion is giving us people in our lives to love and help us.  After a few trials and hard days, this birthday is a reminder to me that we are all loved and I am truly thankful.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great day and that you are in the attitude of gratitude. Glad that an e-mail made up for Doug's absence. Sometimes those e-mails are the BEST thing ever. And you can always make up for that lost time. :)

You are the master of the birthday. All of us should have done WAYYYYY more to wish you a good day.

Eichmeiers said...

Happy birthday again! Im glad you had a great day!!

Emily Harkness said...

OH! Happy birthday Linds! I'm glad it was a good one. Can you believe we are now entering our LAST year of our twenties?! It's amazing all that has happened in this past decade and all you have accomplished...especially your 4 precious little ones. Hope the coming year is another great one!

~adelle said...

Oh Yes, Life is Good. You have a darling family. Enjoy being 29, that is such a sassy age. Not old, but not young. Just right.

Anonymous said...

A little late, but Happy Birthday!

(Susan Shellhammer)