Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Our Community Helpers Preschool



We had preschool at our house this week and our topic was community helpers. I chose to focus on Firefighters and what they do for our community. We did our regular preschool routine where we talk about the letter and number of the day and then we moved on to talking about firefighters. The kids were so excited. I made fire engine cookies out of graham crackers, frosting, oreos, twix bars and raisins and let the kids eat them while I read them a few stories about firefighters. I had also taken each of their pictures dressed up in a firefighter costume and we made a special thank you poster for the fire station in our area. After they finished their snack, we loaded up in the van and went on a field trip to the fire station. The firefighters took us on a tour of the station, and then showed us all the parts of the fire truck. I had never been to the fire station before and thought it was fascinating. The kids even got to sit inside the fire truck. I forgot my camera of course, and it probably wouldn't have worked anyway, but the kids had a blast. I have decided that it really doesn't take a lot for three and four year old kids to have fun, you just have to make the time.

1 comment:

Bek said...

Wow Linds, I'm impressed with your preschool! You put a lot of work into it! I can't believe you did all that in one day. How long does it go for each time?