Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Thanksgiving of Wonders

As a surprise I gave Doug tickets to fly to Utah over Thanksgiving. Every year as a tradition his dad and others go on a backpacking trip to the Grand Canyon the day after Thanksgiving. Since we have lived in Tennessee Doug has missed out on the tradition. I decided that Doug is so busy and works so hard always doing things for other people that he never has time to do fun things for himself. This was the perfect opportunity for him to get away. These are a few pictures from his trip. They pretty much hike and make up their own trail down so it is a dangerous. This time they actually found a new route to the bottom of the canyon that is much shorter than the other hikes they have done. He had a great time enjoying one of the greatest wonders of the world!
This is a panoramic picture of Doug standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon

Here is a picture of the ring tail cats down there that come out at night!

This is a fresh spring coming out the side of the rock

9 comments:

Kara said...

That was so sweet of you! I bet he loved it and probably deserved a nice little get away. That panoramic pictures is pretty cool!

~adelle said...

Super fun! What a great tradition. That is sweet you let him go. Glad that they made it back safely!!! It is an amazing place to visit. They named it well. It truly is GRAND.

Katy Beth said...

That was so sweet! It's gorgeous there!

Summer said...

How cute of you! What a thoughtful thing to do. Now, when do you get a vacation? :)

Georgi Family said...

I still can't get over what an amazing wife and mother you are. You are the best!

Jamie Hadlow said...

What a thoughtful thing for you to do for your hubby! It looks like he had a good time. The scenery is beautiful!

Katina Angola said...

That is so nice. I have never been to the grand canyon but its on my bucket list

cally said...

Next time I'll watch your kids and you can go togther.

If you're okay with your kids not being quite the same when you get back. This house does crazy things to you.

Okay, so maybe we'll get together next year. Make it a revolution. I mean resolution.

Bek said...

Linds,
You are the best wife ever. You and Doug are so good to each other; a perfect couple. Does that mean you had Thanksgiving without him? Wow!
Hopefully someday in the near future we'll get to see you guys again. We miss ya!
Love, Bek