Thursday, March 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Beautiful!

Last Saturday my sweet little Brielle turned FIVE!!! I can't believe it. She is growing up so fast. I would not trade her for anything. She really is one of the sweetest, most loving, friendly kids in the world. She is genuinely concerned about everyone, and she has a love for life that I would love to bottle up! She definitely has her moments, and she is so stubborn, but hopefully as she grows older she will be stubborn about the right things and it will be her biggest strength. I love her so much and I am so grateful that she is my daughter.


She had such a fun birthday too! After spending the night in a hotel, we woke up and ate waffles for breakfast in our hotel room. Then we made the three hour drive home, where we talked and played and she watched her new movie she got for her birthday. We arrived home and ate lunch, then got everyone ready and headed off to Build-A-Bear! She was so excited. She picked out a bunny and Benson of course picked out a panda bear(just like Kung Fu Panda). They made their animals and then picked out the clothes. Brielle picked out a ballet outfit for hers and named her Ballerina Bunny.



Then we went and got pizza and a movie and had a picnic on the living room floor and watched the movie as a family. After the movie, we had cake and ice cream and opened presents. (Thanks everyone for all her fun gifts!) She had a great birthday!


The cake is supposed to resemble the Barbie movie Mermaidia, where barbie turns into a mermaid and her friend Bibble the puff ball is with her. I know it is not my best cake, but this one was a bit harder! YIKES!

6 comments:

Allison J. said...

I remember last year at Brielle's birthday! And yes...we know all about Barbie and Mermaidia in this house!
So glad to see you are doing good! We miss it there, love it here too though so we can't win! We talk to some of our friends from Knoxville quite a bit and I could just sit and listen to their accents forever!

Critt & Britt said...

Are you kidding I think your cake is amazing. I knew exactly what it was, megs loves that movie. that sounds like the most exciting five year old birthday ever. talk about pack it in. I want a birthday like that; starts first thing in the morning and the fun doesn't stop all day!!!

Sharstin said...

I cannot believe Brielle is 5!! she is looking so grown up! YOu did an awesome job on that cake my friend! sounds like she had an awesome b-day :)

aLeXis said...

She is GORGEOUS! The cake looks awesome...and what a FUN birthday!!

Marla said...

I can't believe that she is five!! Wow time sure has flown by!

One Happy Family said...

I bet she loved her cake. Happy Birthday Brielle.