Saturday, July 10, 2010

Our Spaghetti Sauce!!!

Doug and I decided that it would be fun to put our HUNDREDS of tomatoes to good use so we made our own spaghetti sauce and canned it! It was so much fun, we were up until 1:00 in the morning doing it, and we took pictures to document the process! It was not the most cost effective thing to do, but we loved doing it together!



First step it to peel the skin off the tomatoes and then squish them with your hands to get the seeds and water out. Then we diced all of the other ingredients that went into the sauce.



This is a picture of the spices and yummy veggies we added.

Then we combined the tomatoes with the spices and let it simmer for about an hour!
Then we went through the canning process. Our friend let us borrow her pressure canner and it is really fun to use. This was the end result! Doesn't that look yummy?

10 comments:

Georgi Family said...

How fun! You need to teach me how to can! I tried peaches one year and like a week later they were so brown. LOL I did something wrong. I can't wait to see you in less than a month!!!! :)

~adelle said...

That does look yummy! A lot of work for four jars. :) Good thing the work is half the fun...

Marla said...

I am impressed. :)

Sharstin said...

yummy!! nothing like fresh! can't wait to see you~

Kenzie said...

so fun, I love that you guys did it together.. so cute

jc said...

I remember canning tomatoes with my Mom..oh the memories! It looks good though!

Jamie Hadlow said...

Looks way yummy! Plus, I love your red wall in the background! It was great seeing you when you were in Utah!

mike and elise said...

Wow, I must say I am IMPRESSED!! How fun to do the canning with your hubby! :)

The Steel's said...

Linds, how are you? I am so behind on your life! I am glad life is treating you so well! And way to go on the tomatoes, I HATE canning! I have only done it twice...never again!

Unknown said...

O.k. so I just thought I should come over to see if you added anything to the blog but I couldn't remember the name and I tried lindseyrose.blogspot.com first and it told me I didn't have an invite.

I want to know about this other secret blog you are keeping. ROFL

I think it is time for some updates here.