Things that happened in the past 6 months:
1. In July I had a major surgery (a hysterectomy) and my Mother in law came out to help take care of me and take me and the kids back to Utah.
2. In August we were in Utah visiting our families and enjoying our family reunions for both sides of the family. This included Boondocks (a family fun center), Pineview Dam, Bear Lake, a rousing Minute to Win it tournament won by yours truly, Swimming, family pictures, dinosaur museum and spending time with family and friends. It was a great way to recover.
Brielle also started first grade! And joined a musical theater group called Sonshine!

3. In September Parker FINALLY got rid of his Binki! (or for you Southerners Pacifier) and Benson started his first season of Soccer! He loved playing, he was afraid to run after the ball and he never scored a goal, but he sure had fun!
4. In October Benson turned four and had his preschool friends over for a little party! He asked me to make frog cupcakes, and a Jack and the Beanstalk cake. He Loved it!
3. In September Parker FINALLY got rid of his Binki! (or for you Southerners Pacifier) and Benson started his first season of Soccer! He loved playing, he was afraid to run after the ball and he never scored a goal, but he sure had fun!
4. In October Benson turned four and had his preschool friends over for a little party! He asked me to make frog cupcakes, and a Jack and the Beanstalk cake. He Loved it!
We also celebrated Halloween! Between painting pumpkins, parties, and two trunk-or-treats, they had a great time.
5. In November baby Adilynn and I got to go to Spokane Washington so I could get a root canal. While we were there my nephew Will was baptized, so I had a chance to see most of my family for the weekend! It was great! Poor Doug had to deal with a throwing up Parker the whole time I was away... :(
Also in November Doug got a new job! He is now working at Oak Ridge national Laboratory (ORNL). He works in the Real Estate Department doing their real Estate Acquisitions making sure everything is legal. It is a whole new experience but overall has been a good move. We also celebrated Thanksgiving by having a HUGE dinner at our house with a few different families. It was a great way to give Thanks! We also gave thanks that Adilynn started crawling this month!6. In December we of course just LOVED getting ready for Christmas! It was so magical this year, the kids were so excited about everything and it made it so fun for our family. We did all the baking and gingerbread making and caroling to celebrate the season. Brielle was able to sing a solo in the Christmas musical program in Sacrament meeting and she did so great. It is so fun to see her do something she loves to do, and do it so well! Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were of course wonderful. We had our adopted Grandparents; Don and Wanda and the missionaries over for Christmas Eve dinner, and then on Christmas day we just relaxed and didn't get out of our pajamas all day!
7. January was pretty much a blur. We had a few snow days that kept all the kids home, some of us got sick, we had doctor appts., our dishwasher broke, my tire got a flat and I started exercising. I really am glad to say that January has come and gone.
8. Now it is February. This past weekend we got to go and stay with some of our friends and attend the temple! It was a fun little trip. Next week we get to celebrate Adilynns first birthday! Hopefully I can keep this updated this month and I can fill in the rest of February while it is still here!
Well, that is it. A whole six months in one blog. Our life is pretty exciting right?



6 comments:
So happy to see you guys are doing good! Hopefully one trip home we can run into each other!!! Heard Alice is moving here soon, isn't it your turn yet?? :)
Welcome back Linds. You forgot to mention that you saw us on your trip back to Utah. ;)
Life goes by fast doesn't it? Your kids are so stinking cute. It is such a good time of life. Keep on enjoying them and making darling cakes!
Linds! So glad to see your cute fam on here again! Looks like you have had a fun/busy 6 months. I love your frog cup cakes! So darling. Your kids are so cute and i can't believe your baby is almost 1! It goes to fast.
Good to see you in the blogging world again! I've missed hearing about you and your fam. I had no idea that you had a hysterectomy. That is no fun! I love the cake idea. I can't believe Adilynn is almost one! Wow, time sure flies.
Linds...I had an inkling you may have updated when I saw your comment! I am so glad you did!!! It is so nice to see your pictures and how your kids have grown. Thanks so much for the update. I am glad everything is going pretty well. Sorry to hear about your surgery and root canal! Yuck! And congrats on a new job for Doug. Hopefully life continues to go well for you. Please let me know next time you are in town! Take care! Love you guys!
LInds! yay a new post~ wow so much has happened~ your fam is so adorable and of course we love when you come to visit! love and miss you!!
Post a Comment