
How many of you have tons of pennies without anything to do with them? Well, I have a whole jar full. If I added them all up I am sure I would only have about $5.00, but I have discovered a great new use for pennies rather than cashing them in. I have found that they work great as payment or bribery for kids. For example, Brielle has two jobs in the morning: 1. Get dressed 2. Make her bed. Well everyday I find myself constantly telling her to do these things and it is a battle. So, I decided to use my pennies. She gets paid one penny for each chore, but if she doesn't complete both, she doesn't get anything. So far it is working better than I could have imagined. She gets so excited to put two pennies in her bank everyday, and personally I feel she is doing me a favor by taking the pennies. This might not work so well if she actually new how much a penny is worth, but as for now she thinks she is rich. I hope one day she will find the intrinsic value of getting chores done, but for a three year old, pennies seem to do the trick!



3 comments:
You must be doing something right because quarters don't even work over here! lol
I'll have to try that one!
I LOVE it! I really dislike pennies... (and it may be awhile before I can use them with Grace), but what a good idea!
Post a Comment