
As I climbed into bed last night I took notice that my blanket was already underneath the sheets for me so I could be a little warmer as I climbed into our cold sheets. Doug went to bed before I did and this is just something we do for each other without really thinking about it. I then started to think about how many of these things we do for each other that have just become habit over the past few years. For example, when I get my toothbrush to brush my teeth at night, I always get Doug's for him and he does the same for me. Or if he gets a bowl of ice cream, he always brings me one too! Or when one of us is at the grocery store we almost always get something just for the other person that they will like for a treat. Doug usually gets me ice cream!! We never have to ask the other person to do it, because that is just what we do. I decided that we do these things for each other because we truly love each other, and it is true what they say all you need is love. I couldn't imagine my life without Doug in it. I love him today much more than I did 7 years ago and I am sure in another year I will say the same thing. He is an amazing husband. Recently I have not been the easiest person to live with. I am blaming it on the pregnancy and my hormones but I really am a little too emotional than I should be:) He has been really patient with me and I know that he could argue a lot of points in which he would be right, but he doesn't and I know it is because he loves me more than to just argue for the sake of arguing. He is the greatest blessing in my life and because of him I have my other 2, almost 3 in May, little blessings. If everything else was taken away from me I would know that I still had my little family and that my husband will always love me. So really all I need is love. (My friend Alice had a good story about love you can link to it and check it out.)



2 comments:
You do have a great husband--you guys are such a cute couple!!
Yeah, the other night, I got a bowl of ice-cream and sat down and was enjoying it...and lg kind of whimpered...and i said, "oh yeah, do you want some?"....guess we have to work on our love. he he he
we just show it in different ways, i guess, because all those things that you mentioned...we don't do it. I think it is sweet that you guys do; we just don't. Maybe we will work on some more little random services.
LG does let me tuck my freezing cold feet under his legs at night...that has got to count for something. I only do that because my sheets are so cold, but hey, you gotta be grateful for what you got.
Post a Comment