Thursday, March 20, 2008

Another year older and Wiser too??

In our church the primary kids sing a song about birthdays that says the phrase, "Another year older and wiser too." Now I am not sure that fully believe that I am so much wiser than I was last year, but since I just turned another year older I started to think about my life. I never really expected to be 26 years old and on child number three, nor did I expect to be living in South so far away from my Utah roots. But every year I seem to have experiences that make me grow and learn more about myself and what is important in life. I am so blessed to have my little family. I love Doug and Brielle and Benson so much and I can't wait to love the baby just the same. I love living in the south and being with my family away from family. We have some great friends and we have been so blessed to meet so many wonderful people. The year from when I turned 25 to this year was quite an eventful one for our family, and I guess the experiences of being unemployed for 7 months and Doug's church calling have made me a little wiser. I just hope that I can always take the wisdom that the Lord wants me to gain and put it toward being better. That is a lifelong goal right? I really am grateful for all that I have and I hope that my 26th year in life will be one that makes me wiser too!
P.S. I had to include a picture of the Roses Doug bought me for my birthday. I usually don't like roses, but it was so sweet because I had seen an ad on TV with these exact same roses and just made a comment in passing about how beautiful they were. I didn't even realize he was listening, but he surprised me and brought them home. I thought it was sweet.

3 comments:

Toni said...

What a sweet guy. I think it's awesome you are 26 and on your third! I wish I had one more! They are so fun, and difficult. Thanks for your positive attitude and good example, as always.

Sarah Jayne said...

Happy late birthday! I am not so good at the birthday thing! I love to hear all about your experiences and look up to you so much!

Unknown said...

Beautiful roses from a sweet Rose to another beautiful Rose! *stale- I know;)