Thursday, March 27, 2008

Our crazy life!

So on Tuesday morning I was loading the dishwasher and cleaning the kitchen. Benson woke up so I went in to get him out of his crib and brought him back out to the kitchen to feed him breakfast. I went around the corner and I forgot that I left the DW open. Well next thing I knew Benson and I were one the ground both bawling our eyes out in pain. I had tripped over the DW and landed right on my stomach and my arm. Well, obviously my first concern was for Benson, and he had a cut on the back of his head. ( I know the poor guy has had a rough few weeks. See previous blog about ER). But other than that he was fine, just a little scared. My next concern was for the baby. I fell really hard on the tile floor and was scared, so I yelled for Brielle to get my cell phone and I called Doug. He came home from work and took me to the OB to get the baby checked out. What a blessing that everything was fine. After they did an ultrasound they told me not to worry, and that he was okay. Well, then my last concern was for my arm. I tell you what, it hurt so bad I couldn't even move it. I went and got x-rays and another blessing that it is not broken. The bones are just bruised and the Dr. said it will take a few weeks to heal. Isn't that great. So I can't really move my left arm, but it could be worse. I am just so grateful to all my wonderful friends who watched my kids, and cleaned and brought me meals! What would I do without you! You truly are my family away from family. Thank You!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You got to watch out for those flying dishwasher...we try to keep them out of our houses... he he

Kara said...

Wow yeah that is scary. When I was pregnant, Kambri got her finger stuck in a door jam and I flew across the room and tripped on the bed and landed face first. It doesn't feel too good. I am glad that everything is ok. Your kids look darling in their outfits. I think I agree with the no Easter Bunny thing!

The Steel's said...

Oh Linds, that sounds awful. I am glad you guys are basically okay. Hope you have better luck in the future with injuries!

Georgi Family said...

Linds.....that is so bad!! You have had the hardest month! Lets hope that April brings better luck for our family huh??

aLeXis said...

Linds, that is awful. I am glad that there were no major injuries. Nothing like having little kids and no center of balance, huh? That is a recipe for disaster. Oh, well I am glad you are all right. Take care! Get some helmets, elbow pads, knee pads, and then bubble wrap your whole house. :)

Jamie Hadlow said...

That's so scary! That's good everything was okay. Hope your arm feels better soon!

Bek said...

Oh Linds, I'm so sorry! I'm so glad Benson, you, and the baby are ok! Sorry, I've been out of blogging for the last month and never even read your horror story until today.
Your kids are so darn cute in their Easter duds! Jared and I need to call you guys here soon!

Sarah Jayne said...

scary lindz! I had a fall like that when I was pregnant with Tay so I totally know how you felt! I am so glad everything is okay for you!