Thursday, March 20, 2008

Our day in the ER




Oh I guess boys will be boys right?? Last Friday Benson decided to stand backward on the kitchen chair instead of sitting in it. I was loading the dishwasher right by him and the next thing I knew the chair was tipping over and he fell face first on our wood floor. He let out a horrible scream, and I ran over to pick him up only to find his nose bleeding profusely out of both nostrils. It was so sad! He face started to swell up immediately and I couldn't get the bleeding to stop. I called the Dr. and they told me to take him to the ER for x-rays to see if it was broken! So I called my neighbor and dear friend Wanda to come and stay with Brielle and I rushed out the door to the hospital. It was a little hard to drive and hold his nose at the same time, all the while he was screaming his head off. Doug met me at the ER and they took him back at a room to look at him. At this point we realized that he was holding his finger too, and it was already bruised and swollen. So they took him in for x-rays on his nose and his finger. After what seemed like forever and Benson had finally fallen asleep from crying so much the Doctor came back in the room and told us that neither his finger or nose were broken but that they would be swollen and sore for a few days and get really black and blue. These pictures don't really do it justice, but I posted them anyway. He is doing much better now, but I am afraid this wont be the last time we will visit the ER with this child!

9 comments:

Sarah Jayne said...

how sad! Sounds like him and Tay can share stories about their experiences!

Unknown said...

OUCH!!! I'm sure the bruising is worse then it shows. Give him kisses from grandma *smooch* Hey I finally figured out who's ears he has- after sitting on the stand behind your dad (Bishop) I have to say they look like grandpa Dee's:)
Handsome boy!!!

Unknown said...

Poor guy..he must have healed really well, I didn't even notice!

Sharstin said...

What? that is way sad--poor little guy--I am sure you were so scared.

Georgi Family said...

Oh linds, that is so sad. The bridge of his nose is so swollen. Poor kid. He is such a cutie though. I have to admit that I am scared to have a boy now!! I have heard that boys are born "destructive". Bring it on baby!!

aLeXis said...

Linds, I am so glad you linked to my blog...because now we can stay in touch too. Don't you just love blogs....they make it easy to find out how everyone is doing. I think Brielle is GORGEOUS! You better keep the boys away from her. She is so beautiful. And let me say I can totally relate to Benson and the whole boy thing. What makes them think they are superman at such a young age? If Brogan isn't destroying himself he is working on destroying my house. I have a dent in my wall from a ball he threw, what? I guess boys will be boys. His battle wound is brutal though. I hope he is over it now. Poor guy! Well anyway I just wanted to say hello. I am a horrible blogger, but I am working on it. Well keep in touch. You have such a darling family and I love the new house. Congrats!!! Love Lexis (lots of people don't know who I am when I post as Felix....gotta love the nicknames, huh?)

Natalie said...

Oh poor little guy! So I LOVE your home!! It is so darling, I am so happy for you guys! It was so fun to see pictures!

Toni said...

Oh great. Good introduction for me to the boy thing! That is super scary. I always wonder what I'd do and how I'd react in that circumstance.

Jamie Hadlow said...

Oh! It looks so painful even in the pic's. Poor little guy. Boys will be boys, it's true. We've been to the emergency room ourselves already...