I remember the day that I got my first bike. It was a little Huffy, and I was so excited because I could actually go bike riding with my sister Emily! It was a big event and I practiced really hard to get the hang of it. It is funny that it doesn't seem that long ago, but now I am experiencing the same moment with Brielle, and I have to say it is more exciting for me this time around. Brielle has been saving up to get a bike since her birthday in March. She has a bank and any money she would earn she would carefully count it and stow it away. The other day we counted her money and she had saved exactly the right amount of money to buy the bike at the store. So, we went down to Wal-Mart as a family and she picked out and purchased her first bike. Doug and I then bought her a basket to go on front and of course, a Little Mermaid helmet! She was thrilled and i was so proud of her for working hard and saving her money. we got home and Doug tried to teach her how to pedal. She was a little scared, but she will get the hang of it just like I did. It is so neat seeing your kids grow up.
Merry Christmas!
9 months ago



5 comments:
I love her new bike! It is amazing how hast they pick up on it. next thing you know you will taking her training wheels off. Just keep that helmet on! :)
How fun!!! So tell me some pointers of reward systems you have...money, treats, how much, etc...I need help for the near future!!!
HOw cute is she on that little bike! I love it!
watch out world
How fun! I used to ride around our whole neighborhood on my bike. I bet I couldn't do that now! Yeh for Brielle.
P.S.-Tag you're it.
Post a Comment