Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Best Friend

I have the BEST husband in the world. Hopefully most of you feel the same about your own spouse, but really I think Doug is the best. He is my best friend in the world and he is always concerned about me and our little family. He seems to always know what I need when I need it, and he works so hard to give me a comfortable life. A couple weeks ago I was having a particularly hard week. I was feeling a little down about life and I think my attitude was a little bad. It was a Wednesday, and Wednesdays are always really hard days because Doug leaves for work early and goes straight to the church from work and usually gets home around 10:30 or 11:00. So it is a long day. Anyway, it was about 6:00 and the doorbell rang. I went to answer the door and sitting on the porch were these flowers and treats! Isn't that sweet!! He did it for no reason expect that I was having a hard day. Doug is a practical man, so when he does something really romantic, I appreciate it even more. I love you honey, thanks for being the best husband in the world!

13 comments:

Katina Angola said...

I would really appreciate it if you would tell your husband to give all the other husbands in our ward (especially mine) lessons on how to do thoughtful things. Albert for got Valentine's, Mother's day and he would have forgot our anniversary had I not been so excited and talking all week about our trip. Which I dont really count either do to the fact that he didnt get me anything for that either. Or am I being to Selfish?

Unknown said...

Aka Ted huh...what does that one mean? I notice you are not sharing that privvy info.

This is so sweet. So sweet.

I knew you were having a hard time last week or the week before! I can read you like a book...seriously. Unlike Doug, I didn't do anything for you except say an extra prayer...come to think of it...maybe I should take credit for the flowers and the treats.....God must have heard my prayer and inspired Doug...just kidding.

Lindsey Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

Oh My! I am beginning to think Doug and Don share the same brain! We have some sweet husbands...Funny we wrote such a similar blog post too!

Kim Felt said...

Oh how sweet! I think doug has kinda girly handwritting though. :) I hope he had a helper on that one.
You two are great examples of loving spouses. Miss you guys!

Kara said...

That is so sweet, I bet your heart melted when you saw it. I love romantic things, maybe I will have Brandon take a look at your blog tonight:)

One Happy Family said...

Ted, huh?! Is Doug okay with you posting this? So sweet. It never really takes much to make things better. It's great that he takes action & does the small things that mean a lot.

Kenzie said...

Hey I just wanted to say hi,I got your blog form Kara's, I hope you don't mind. Your family is so cute!! I was glad I got to see them. That was so sweet what your husband did for you, hubby's are so great to have and a true blessing. You should check out our blog one day

Bek said...

Doug you are such a thoughtful guy! We love ya!

Marla said...

Oh what a sweet guy! I told Dan and got the " well I don't ever work that late" excuse! LOL Enjoy the flowers they are beautiful!

Sharstin said...

ah so sweet! we love Doug!

The Nance Family said...

That was sweet, the simple life pleasures. I went private, e-mail me at susannance13@yahoo.com so I have your e-mail to invite you to. Thanks!

cally said...

Hey Conan! Come lookey here...

I love it. Hey, I'm on for baby trading this week, if you are. I'm too lazy to pick up the phone and call you about it. but not too lazy to blog for an hour. Geesh. I need some flowers.