THE EPISODES
So here we are at Monday. Sunday night was really rough, but things would only get worse. Monday morning I woke up and Doug had already left for work. Brielle stayed over at Wandas house so I just had the boys. They woke up and it took everything I had to get up and get them breakfast. My friend Karen came back over and helped me get the boys dressed. Then while I laid on the couch she played with them and kept them occupied so I could rest. This is when the "Episodes" started. I was still feeling really cold and achy and this morning was no different. I started to get cold and shake and then my body began to hurt worse that ever. I felt like EVERY bone in my body was BreAKinG! It went on like this for about an hour. I finally took some ibuprofen and an hour later I started to sweat again. Not just sweat, I was totally drenched, from head to toe. The pain was relieved quite a bit except for the pain in my head and then I just slept. I felt like I had run a marathon. About 4 hours later I started to feel cold again and then the severe pain returned. This is why I call them the episodes. Because it just kept repeating like this over and over again, never stopping. Karen and Wanda watched my kids, and Alice brought me groceries and I didn't move off the couch all day.
ER VISIT #2
Monday night was my worst night yet. So, I called my Doctor first thing in the morning and they could get me in at 10:15. The next two hours were some of the worst. I just laid on the couch and sobbed. I hurt so bad and literally could not move. Doug took me to the doctor where I had temp of 103.7 and even with the ibuprofen my body was not getting better. I was in BAD shape. My doctor decided that I needed to be admitted to the hospital. So I was sent again to the ER so they could do a SPINAL TAP. For those of you who don't know what that is, they stick a huge needle into your spine and drain fluid from it for testing. It is the exact opposite of fun. I again waited in the ER forever before they did the Spinal tap and then waited for about 5 hours before they put me in a room. All the while my head and body were going through the episodes.
Finally, about 8:30 Pm I was admitted to my hospital room where I have been ever since.
Merry Christmas!
9 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment