Saturday, January 31, 2009

Thoughts from a hospital

Yes it is me finally writing a blog, but i cant promise that I am back to the blogging world. I am actually writing this from my hospital room where I have been for the past four days and will hopefully going home from tomorrow. It has been quite the journey this past little while and I wanted to write it all down so I could remember. So sit back and get ready for a good story.


THE BEGINNING
About four weeks ago I started to have a headache and a sharp pain in my left side. So, I went to the doctor and the diagnosis was a bladder/kidney infection and possibly a sinus infection. So my Dr.(who is wonderful by the way) put me on an antibiotic and sent me home. About five days later the infection was still hurting my headaches were getting worse so I went back to the Dr.He discovered the infection was still there so he put me on a new antibiotic and decided to try some migraine meds for my headaches. I went home and over the next week I was still not getting much relief. The migraine medicine gave me a worse headache plus crazy side affects. I stopped the medicine and decided with my Doctors advice that I would schedule an appt with a neurologist. This was on a Thursday.

ER VISIT #1
BY Saturday night my head was much worse. I made a late night run to the grocery store for milk and formula and by the time I got home I was wiped out. I woke up Sunday morning and was feeling like I was getting sick, but I had no symptoms. No runny nose, cough, stomach ache, nothing. So I got the kids ready for church and rushed out the door. During Sacrament my body started to ache and I was FREEZING. This continued as I went off to primary and I just felt like I could not get warm. My body hurt so bad but I only had about a half hour before church as out so i decided to stay. Then my dear friend Wanda came and found me and told me that Parker had a high fever. That sealed it. I was going home.
I barely made it home because I was shaking so bad from the pain and chills. I went inside got Parker and I both in out jammies and we laid on the couch. I fed Parker and tried to rest but the pain was getting worse in the body by the second, and my head was aching more than ever. After church Wanda took the other kids to her house, and my friend Karen came to help me with Parker. It was so bad that I couldn't even move to get him some medicine for the fever. This went on for about one hour, and finally Karen tracked down Doug who was still meeting with people at church , to come home to take me to the ER.
When we arrived at the Er I had a fever and I was hurting all over. They gave me some Ibuprofen and then I had to wait for about 2 1/2 hours. By the time I saw the Er doctor, I was sweating all over my fever was gone and he was skeptical about me being sick. He did send me down for a cat scan for my head which came back normal. His diagnosis was a virus and to go home and rest and get plenty of fluids. I think ER doctors are required to give that diagnosis. :0)

10 comments:

Kara said...

Lindsey, I don't even know what to say. I started crying while I was reading that because I feel absolutely horrible for you. I actually today was thinking about you and why you have not been blogging. I can not believe all of that has been happening to you. I am so sorry and I am hope that you start to get back to your regular self. I wish there was something I could do for you. I'm glad that you have such a great support system there for you. Just know that we will be praying for you and your family. Love ya!

Toni said...

I am so sorry and so concerned! After my tears and panic attack were over.. all I can say is I love you and will think and pray for you.

erin said...

Lindsey! I just found out a few hours ago that you've been in the hospital. I'm glad you are getting good care and that all of your tests have come back negative. I hope it is just an infection that can be cured quickly. I hope you will be able to leave the hospital soon and be with your family again. If there is anything you need please let me know. I'm always here to help. Hope you get well soon!

... said...

Like many of your friends I too just found out about this! I'm sorry you have had so much pain, and I'm grateful to all of your friends that have helped you. I'm also relieved and glad you are feeling and doing better and that none of the tests were positive. I cannot tell you how sorry I am that you and your family are going through this. You and your family will be in our prayers. Love you!

~adelle said...

Seriously, I can't believe it. You are so brave. I send you my sincere prayers!!! I am totally crying. Oh, what a scary time you have had. Please keep us posted...I know you will get better!!!

Georgi Family said...

Lindsey I am sooo glad that you are home!! The other night I was driving and out of know-where I had the sudden urge to cry because I thought of you in the hospital in lots of pain. I love and care about you so much. I am so grateful to have you as a sister. oh, nice to know you are on steriods...8) If they only would have listened to us in the beginning. 8)

Sharstin said...

Lin--I am so upset to hear about you being so sick and in the hospital! I called you today--since we haven't chatted for a min--not even knowing what you have been going through! I love you and will keep you in my prayers. I hope you keep feeling better! love ya!!

The Steel's said...

oh Linds, I am so sad to hear that you are feeling so so horrible. I am so sorry you have had to deal with such pain and such a rough month. I wish their was something I could do for you - I am glad you have friends and family there to help out. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers - if there is anything we can do please let us know!

the Rabes said...

What!! Linds I am so sad! I feel so bad for you and your family. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I am so happy your mom was able to fly out. If you need anything...Please let me know. I would drive to Knoxville in a minute...I've been meaning to come anyways. You are in my prayers.

Kenzie said...

OH my linds.. I am so sorry. I will keep you and your cute family in my prayers.. You are so brave, I am glad to hear that you will be getting more answers soon. Good luck with everything and I wish you the VERY best.