Anyway, I had a great birthday. Doug woke up early and fixed me a great omelet breakfast. He is the omelet king and it was so tasty. Then I got the kids ready and my neighbor girl came over to babysit while some of my girlfriends took me to lunch! We went to a local restaurant called Aubrey's and it was so good! Then I came home and my sweet friend Jennifer stopped by with cookies and brownies! YUM! (she is such a great VT) Then for a special treat my dear friend Kendra and her sweet daughter Sophie came for a visit! They live a few hours away and drove over to celebrate with us! We went and i showed her around town, and we got dinner at one of my favorite places...Chick-fil-a! After dinner we ate cake and ice cream, put the kids to bed, watched American Idol, and stayed up until 2:00 in the morning talking about life! It was a great Birthday!
Then the next day we went up into the smokies for a little shopping and more fun! We loved having Kendra and Sophie here! Thanks Kenj!
Then Last Friday I was able to celebrate my birthday again. Doug is at the church late on Wednesdays so we had to postpone our celebration of my birthday. We went out Friday night thanks to our dear friend Haley. We decided to go non traditional and went to the grocery store for ice cream instead of an ice cream shop. (Ice cream is my favorite) So we each bought a pint of ice cream for ourselves and a fraction of the price, and took it to the movies with us. Doug was so sweet and conceded to go see the movie "Confessions of a Shopaholic" with me. I thought it was so cute! It was so nice to go out on a date with no kids and enjoy an adult movie! Thanks honey, you are the best!
P.S. I left out one great surprise, Doug bought my my favorite perfume called Burberry Brit! If you havent smelled it, you should, it is so great!



10 comments:
That is some serious birthday fun sister. Yeah, i know what you mean about getting older but feeling it. I'm 28 with (almost)four kids for crying out loud. Who knew? About the cabin in Star Valley, I'm not sure if we're related. Rob's dad has 3 brothers, all with plenty of kids so it's definately possible. What's their first name, do you know?
I am so glad you had such a great birthday!! it sounds like a blast. I am so glad Kenj was able to come :) Welcome to 27 friend--luv ya!
That is so great that you had an awesome birthday! We are seriously getting old:) That was sweet of Kendra to come see you, how much fun!
Good to hear you had such a great Birthday
Happy B-day!! I am glad you had a good one and celebrating it twice, that is always fun!
Happy Birthday Lindsey!
It's been way too long since we've talked, but we do think about you guys frequently! It's nice to hear that things are going so well. You have such precious kids and a wonderful husband. I used to tease Russell that 27 might as well be 30, but now that I'm going to be there as well on Monday, I think I take it back! We still have YEARS in our twenties (well at least 3). Take care. Love you guys!
Happy Birthday Friend, I am glad you had such a wonderful birthday - you deserve it girlie! That picture of you and Kenj is cute, I wish I was there with you gals. Happy 27th..holy cow! We are getting up there!
Oh how fun!! You had a long birthday celebration. Oh, and you are young! LOL now I feel old. Plus, if you can stay up until 2am talking, that means you are still young. I feel old. Ha!!
Oh, and I have plans with a friend on Friday, so won't be able to make it to playgroup. BUt, I'd love to go this summer when I'm off.
I am so glad I got to spend the day with you! It was so much fun! Thanks for showing us such a good time. I hope we can keep seeing each other every couple months. Us TN girls need to stick together!
So Fun, Glad you had a Great birthday. I wish i was in on that Friendship birthday fun. I think i better try out that perfume. it seems like it's calling my name... i know i'm a geek.
Post a Comment