Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Brielle's Sixth Birthday

Well, I am only a month and a half late on posting this but better late than never!
Back in March Brielle turned SIX!! (I know I cant believe that I have a six year old.) We had such a good birthday celebration. She started out the festivities when my mom was in town. Then the next week we took Brielle, Benson, and three of Brielle's friends to the movie theater to see the Princess and the Frog! (Such a cute movie, it is a must see). I made them treat bags to have while they watched the movie and they loved every minute of it. Then we came back to our house for cake and ice cream and presents. Brielle loves these three friends and she just kept saying that it was the best birthday ever. This is one of the reasons I love her, it was super low key and not a lot of planning but she is so happy with simple things.
The next day was Sunday, her actual birthday and she had requested that Doug make his special chicken and Alfredo pasta! MMMM! It was so good. Then we had ice cream and she opened her presents from us and the rest of the family. It was a great birthday. Thanks everyone for all the calls and presents, she kept telling me that she felt so special, and isn't that what a birthday is all about?


The princess castle cake, made by your truly! She LOVED it!

Blowing out the candles

The beautiful birthday girl!!!!

Brielle with her darling friends!

Of course the boys wanted in on the photo shoot, here is Benson.

And my cute Parker!
One of her friends gave her a hula hoop, so they had a little contest!

Then Doug decided to put on a little concert to serenade the birthday girl!

The kids were cracking up and loved dancing to the rockin music, good thing he is so talented!

Just look at that all-star pose!

3 comments:

Georgi Family said...

That's my dorky brother! ;) He is soo cute with kids! I love it! I am glad brielle had a great birthday. I miss you guys sooo much!

Don- Ash -Carter -Levi said...

Awesome cake Lindsey!! You are indeed talented...I'll come up in October for my birthday and you can make me a pony cake hehe! ;) j/k...
Wow, 6 years old! Why does it seem like we have been gone from Knoxville for years?? Love those kids, and glad she had a blast of a birthday!

p.s. Don is jealous of Doug's singing skills :-)

Unknown said...

We must live in the South because that looks like an Evangelist Bishop! Amen!! Sorry I missed that concert.

I love that picture of the girls. Bella was having a great hair day.

And that cake was so cute and yummy.

4 kids under six sounds so much better than 4 kids under five. :)