By old I don't mean boring, my hubby is getting up there! On Tuesday we celebrated Doug's 32nd birthday. We had a few days of celebration. On Friday night we went out with some friends to PF Chang's! It was so fun and of course the food was fantastic. Our friends gave Doug some pretty great "gag" gifts, one of which were some really really really short shorts with the Jazz logo printed on them. If you know Doug he loves the Jazz basketball team and these shorts could have been their uniforms about 30 years ago! The other gift was a huge clock with a chain on it to wear around your neck. His basketball nickname is "Prime time", so the clock was perfect. We also had a really funny experience at dinner. There was this guy a few tables over that saw us taking pictures and came over to take a picture of all of us together. Now this guy must have been a little TIPSY because after the picture he yelled, and I mean really loud, to the whole restaurant that it was Doug's birthday! He then led the whole restaurant full of strangers in singing Happy Birthday to Doug! It was soooo funny! Doug hates that type of stuff and even said to me before we left for dinner that he was glad we were going to PF Chang's because they don't sing to you! HA HA HA HA HA!
The kids and I decided to give Doug a wheelbarrow for his birthday. I know it doesn't sound too exciting but he loved it! On his actual birthday I made him a yummy dinner with his favorite strawberry pie for dessert, and then he spent the night mowing the lawn. Not too exciting, but overall he said it was a great birthday.
I love Doug so much. There is no one in the world more perfect for me than he is. I am so grateful for him and for all the hard work he puts in for our family. he is the best husband and dad in the world. Thanks Doug for just being you! Happy Birthday!

This is like the wheelbarrow we bought for Doug, but of course his is Tennessee orange!

This is the picture the "TIPSY" guy took of us!

The guys: Doug, Pierce and Jarom
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Doug!! :) Sounds like a PERFECT birthday...except for maybe the slightly drunk stranger...but that made for an exciting moment and long lasting memory!! We love you Doug!
happy birthday doug!!
Ha! I bet dougs face was SUPER RED! LOL! Tell doug that he never has to remember another birthday or christmas for me again if he will just move you guys out here!!! Your kids need to be with their family! ;(
Post a Comment