Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy 30th Birthday Doug!!!!


So this is only two weeks late, but I have been a little preoccupied and am just now getting around to wishing my Hubby a happy 30Th birthday. I even got around to making his favorite strawberry pie for him. I wanted to write this post to remind myself just how blessed I am to have a husband like Doug. To say the least he is absolutely wonderful. I could not have hand picked a better husband and father if I tried. He is a very busy man with his job and faithfully serving in his calling, but he always makes time for the important things, like our little family. I was telling a friend once that it is not so much quantity time we have with him,but we make sure it is quality time.
He is always so good to me, and I just might vote him as worlds greatest listener, a trait that I wish I was better at. He is always there when I need him the most, and I know he would do anything for me at anytime. He is just so good. He loves people so much and he is always giving of himself in one way or another. It is interesting to be in the background as the Bishop's wife because so often someone will come up to me and thank Doug for helping them and I don't even know what he has done,but I never doubt that he has done something to help. That is just how he is. He is also a wonderful Dad. There have been times that I have seen him come home at night and get so sad because I have already put the kids to bed. He gets so much joy being with the kids in the yard and wrestling and playing with them. He even pretends that he is the prince when Brielle wants to play princess.
I love this man more that anything in the world. I am so grateful for him and all he does for me. I am a lucky woman that I get to spend eternity with the handsome man I love. Happy Birthday sweetheart, I love you!

4 comments:

Georgi Family said...

All of that is so true about doug. He honestly has always been amazing. Usually people grow into the amazing person they are, but I think he has been like that his whole life. I will say that as much as you say how amazing doug is and how perfect of a dad and husband he is really should be credited to you as well. I don't think doug could ask for a better wife and mother. You are doing more for you little family than you know. Doug worships the ground you walk on.

Kara said...

Oh Doug, he is a good guy. Tell him I hope that he had a happy birthday!

Sharstin said...

Doug happy birthday--you are the best!

Unknown said...

It seems a unanimous vote from the women in Doug's life! He is also brilliant at picking out a wife.

Love Ya!