Monday, February 25, 2008

We are still here!


So I know that I have been the most slacker blogger, but we are still around and just so busy. I am just spending every free second packing and getting ready for our BIG MOVE! We are supposed to close on the house this Friday, and if all goes well we will officially move in on March 8th. We can't wait to finally have a home. I have to tell you though, now that we are getting a house, Brielle is convinced we need a pet. For those of you that don't know this, I do love animals, but I hope to never own a pet for the rest of my life. I have had way too many crazy pets during my childhood years and I am afraid they have left some mental scars on me! Anyway, we were driving in the car the other day and she decided to tell me all the reasons why we needed a dog and a cat. This is so funny because when we go to our friends houses that have pets she is usually scared of them. My friend Alice posted a picture of her cat Kitty-bear on her blog and I think this is the only pet Brielle is not afraid of. Maybe it is because she doesn't have a tail, I am not sure. Well, needless to say we will not be buying her a dog or a cat any time soon, and when I informed her of this her only response was, "But mom, I know how to give them a bath because I have watched you bathe Benson." I am not sure that Benson and a dog would react the same to a bath but you never know!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kitty Bear is just so loveable! :)

The pet begging begins...I resisted for a good two years. Hang in there. If Doug will back you up, it will be a lot easier! Lg was my biggest sabotager. And, he still never cleans up after or feeds the pet (even though he promised to)

When you do give in, (because I know you will) I promise you will quickly adapt to the pet hair. I swear. You remember how adament I used to be about no indoor pets.

I was just telling someone the other day how it is funny that you come to accept pet hair, just as you do cleaning up after your kids. When you get a pet, it just becomes part of the family, just as a baby (it comes with lovable parts and annoyances, but you can't live without them)

One word of advice, get a cat...you can leave them worry free for weeks when you go on vacation, where as, a dog is a whole other story.

We are still resisting the begging for aa additional cat, a dog and a rabbit around here. The longer you hold out, the longer I can!

The Hinckley's said...

Good luck on the pet war. How does Doug feel about pets? Derek never had any pets his whole life and is pretty content keeping it that way. I, on the other hand, grew up with cats and dogs and love them, but I can't stand pet hair. We've both considered a dog for the boys, but I don't like outdoor pets, which means I'd have to deal with the hair and all the other maintanence, which I'm not ready for. So, maybe I'll just wait 'til I want another kid and just get a pet...j/k (that was horrible).

Shannon said...

The idea of pets doesn't thrill me either, even though my kid LOVES animals. Luckily he's not old enough to ask yet. All I can say on the matter is look at all of the people you know with pets...who takes care of them? MOM does!! If you are ready for that, then go for it. And I vote for outside animals!!

Bek said...

Lily really wants a pet, and Jackson would love one too, but Jared and I feel the same way you do. Maybe some day Lily will get persuasive enough to sway us. We'll see.