So my doctors office called yesterday to report on my blood test they ran to check my glucose levels. For any of you that are or have been pregnant you will appreciate the fact that I had to drink that nasty orange drink in about 5 minutes! Gross! Anyway, they reported that my glucose was fine, but that I am severly iron deficient. This means that the production of my red blood cells is way low. It is not anything major to worry about and to solve the problem I now have to take an iron supplement 3 times every day. I am blogging about his because I am finally glad to say that I have a medical reason for acting like a zombie for the past week or so. I was reading about low Iron on a
medical website and found this, "Iron deficiency can cause fatigue that impairs the ability to do physical work in adults.9-10 Iron deficiency may also affect memory or other mental function." I really thought I was losing it. I just kept telling myself that this pregnancy was harder because I have two kids to keep up with, which is partially true, but it just feels better to me to know that I am not just being lazy. Hopefully the supplements will help and I wont have to drag around all day trying to find some energy to play with Brielle and Benson, or do laundry, or clean the house, or etc.
5 comments:
Good to know that you aren't crazy..you may have had to join my club :)
Beware of constipation with the iron supplements...just consider yourself warned! :)
I am sure that you will have more energy really soon.
i never thought you were crazy. i thought you were just finally realizing that it's ok to lounge around every-now-and-then and not have to be cleaning all the time! i hope you're taking advantage of this and laying down as much as possible. love ya!
you need a big steak Linds--that will give you some iron --I'm glag you found out what was making you so tired!
I am always anemic when I am pregnant too it sucks so bad but the pills help almost immediately.
Post a Comment