Wednesday, April 30, 2008

False Alarm

I have always thought that it was so funny when women would tell me they went into the hospital because they were having contractions and then they would get sent home. I really thought it was funny and that people should have more common sense than to just rush into the hospital and not know you are in labor. well guess what folks, I did it! I went to the hospital on Sunday because I was having painful contractions and they were getting closer and closer together. So they hooked me up to the monitor and I was having contractions 3-5 minutes apart. That is supposed to be labor right?? Wrong! I was there for about 4 hours and they checked me and I wasn't dilating at all. So, guess what they sent me home. I no longer think it is funny to be sent home when you think you are in labor. I have been contracting ever since, but I am still planning on getting induced on this Thursday night, which is tomorrow!! So hopefully my next blog will be pictures of our new baby Parker.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

YEA! I can't wait to see Parker! Btw, I totally thought of you right after the phone call because I was thinking how funny I said Marsha and then I thought of your Mom!!!

Good luck tomorrow!!

Jenn C said...

Try going to the hospital because you think your water has broken, and it's really just that your bladder has emptied in the middle of the night while you were sleeping! That can make you feel foolish.

We can't wait to here about Parker...good luck!

Sharstin said...

Dang!! that is no fun! Yeah for tommorrow! can't wait to see little Parker!

the Rabes said...

what!! That is no fun. I am sorry. I can't wait for him to come! I think we are coming to Knoxville either the end of May or sometime in June. I can't wait to hold him. Good luck!! And I'll keep you informed when we come.

Camilla said...

ok...it's Friday, any baby? Can't wait to see pictures. Still no baby for me. I am trying to be so patient and not get depressed because everyone is having their babies before me. Man, what a trial! Keep us posted and we will keep you posted.

One Happy Family said...

Been there, done that! It is no fun. There isn't a single book that even says, "you may experience contractions 3-5 mins apart, but you really aren't in labor". They all say..."5 mins. apart for one hour...go to the hospital". I think the worst part is thinking you ought to know the difference when you've already how one (or two) before. Oh well! You and I have been put in our place.

Marla said...

Oh, I went through that with Ethan. But, I wasn't going to be induced (b/c I had 3 weeks left) and those contractions continued for the next 2 weeks. I hated being sent home!