
So our family had one of the best weekends ever! What did we do you ask? Basically nothing, except that we were together the whole time. It was wonderful. Doug had the fourth off work, so he came home on Thursday night and he was mine all weekend! (Except for Sunday, because when you are the Bishop you never get Sundays off :) Anyway, this weekend really made me realize how much I love my little family. We played in the backyard, took the kids to TGI Fridays for lunch,(which they loved because they never get to go to what Brielle calls REAL restaurants) and just had fun being together. On Friday we cooked hamburgers and corn on the grill and went with a couple from our ward to see the fireworks. They started an hour later than they were supposed to so the kids were really tired, but they enjoyed it anyway. Then on Saturday we went shopping at Sams Club. Who doesn't love Sams on Saturdays when they have tons of samples? Then we came home took naps and then took a trip to Target where Doug bought me a beautiful dress! Can you believe it? I haven't had new clothes forever. Then Doug made us Supreme Nachos and smoothies for dinner, and after the kids went to bed we watched the Spiderwick Chronicles. That was pretty much it, but I loved every minute of it. I love having Doug home. There is probably not much more I would have liked to do to celebrate our freedom than to be with my family. Thanks sweetie for a great weekend!



10 comments:
Aw...what a sweetie!! You guys are so adorable! I'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend. You deserve it more than anyone I know!!
Sounds like fun! your fam is so darling..glad you had a happy fourth
I totally know what you mean. I love it when Brandon is home and we can just be together. I'm glad that you had so much fun together!
Sounds a lot like our weekend, just being together and making memories. Parker is growing so fast, loved the updated picture. I like the new look on the blog too!
I totally agree! Family time is the best! It sounds like a great weekend. Speaking of fireworks--they need to start a little earlier. Poor Libby slept through the whole show!
Happy Fourth of July!
It sounds like you had a great weekend! I love it when Ryan's home too. There's nothing better! That's great you guys got to go to a "real" restaurant:). We never make it to those. I call them "real" restaurants too!
I would have to agree I love when Doug is home, okay my Doug. The weekends are great for that. Your kids are so darling, you look like you probably stay really busy.
We had so much fun hanging out with you, Doug and the kids. I would deffinately have to agree that having you husband home is nice. For me just because I get bored but I am sure for you its because you need a break from the kids. Game night is a must I'll call and set it up for sometime this week. Thanks again
You are brave for facing the crowds at Sam's on Saturday. That is heroic.
Sounds like the perfect day. Nothing like a day with the family doing a few out of the ordinary things that you don't get to do with three kids. Out to eat, Target, a new dress, dad fixing dinner... wow... can it get any better?!
Post a Comment